I was tagged by shannondarko.co.uk to do this tag, so here goes…
Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I’ve been a freelance journalist for years, and own a digital magazine too. I started the blog as a more personal space where I could write without it feeling like work; but quickly PRs etc got involved and it became a professional blog.
Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
It wasn’t actually a beauty blog; but a fashion one (Fashion Fois Gras), which then got me into reading other blogs.
What was the first blogosphere hyped-about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?
It was Rimmel Apocalips. They were quite good; but I haven’t used them since, so they can’t have been that good. They were on every blog for ages when they launched!
What are your five favourite things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?
1. The friends i’ve made. Fellow bloggers are much nicer than fellow journalists. Bloggers rock!
2. To get to try lots of new products that I wouldn’t have thought of buying on my own.
3. The blogger community- it’s like having hundreds of colleagues, which makes working at home as a full-time writer much less isolating.
4. Getting to take lots of pretty photographs and actually use them for something.
5. The make-up application and skin care tips I learn all the time are invaluable.
What have you learnt from being a beauty blogger?
So many make-up and skin care tips. Especially how to do good smokey eye make-up.
Have you changed anything since becoming a beauty blogger?
Definitely my skincare routine. It wasn’t that good at all; but reading blogs motivated me into starting a consistent routine and I haven’t looked back.
What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?
Don’t worry about having money to buy the newest releases to review. There will always be bloggers who have reviewed it pre-launch etc. You won’t be the first anyway. So, just start out with what products you’ve got already and know well.
What are your top 5 make-up brands?
Sleek, Bare Minerals, Benefit, Urban Decay & MAC.
Recommend your top 5 beauty products…
In no particular order- Clinique CC Cream, MAC Vanilla Pigment, all Urban Decay Eyeshadows, Benefit Highbeam and all Sleek True Colour Lipsticks.
Andrew at beautyandtheboy.com
Genna at lipstickcrush.co.uk
Ruth at beautyh2t.com